Pamela Settle, publisher and owner of GoodLiving® is an experienced and accomplished marketing and public relations professional who uses her expertise to help clients reach one of the most important demographics for business owners or agencies — MOMS! In its seventh year, GoodLiving, is a trusted media brand that blends good information, good community partners and good advertisers for local readers.
LOCAL and NICHE are key concepts to print advertising success in today’s market. TRUST and VALUES are key to winning over the younger generation of Millennial moms.
In this interview with Jamie Meloni and Kelly Wilson of That Business Show, airing daily on WHNZ AM 1250, Pamela talks about what it takes to reach local moms in Tampa Bay and how her company has developed strategies to improve reach to this demographic. Jamie Meloni is the president of the Tampa Bay Business Owners professional group, as a well as a local realtor. Kelly Wilson is the founder of Edge, a local magazine for entrepreneurs. Pamela was a guest as part of Working Women Wednesdays with Working Women of Tampa Bay.
Here are a few of the highlights
Moms are a highly sought after demographic for advertisers:
- Moms are the biggest player in financial decisions today, and the battle for their attention and trust is a challenging one.
- Women account for 85% of ALL consumer purchases
- Women make 80% of healthcare decisions and 68% of new car purchasing decisions.
- 75% of women identify themselves as the primary shoppers for their household
- Yet, 91% of women say that advertisers don’t understand them.
Pamela Settle can help advertisers learn how to talk to moms in a way that resonates with them. “When advertisers tell me that print doesn’t work, it is mostly because their old way of doing print ads doesn’t work for the audience in today’s marketplace. Gaining trust and building relationships are really big factors.” she says.
What GoodLiving® can do for advertisers
- Create a strategy that incorporates connected print and digital ads and content into their media mix for advertising. Good Content is King! And we specialize in GOOD content!
- Be a part of a media brand that is a trusted voice for the community. Credibility. Relevance. Quality. Local Expertise. Leadership.
- Take advantage of our proprietary method for distributing the magazines directly to moms. We don’t simply stack paper in a corner to never be read. We have developed a method that increases value and demand. We also print quarterly to reduce waste and to create demand. All of this is intentional and is what works with a younger generation of moms. Complementary digital products support the print product and vice versa.
GoodLiving® can introduce your brand to parents in a GOOD environment. Says, Pamela, “People don’t know what they don’t know! They cannot search for you if they don’t know who you are. A good rule of thumb to remember is that people go to the Internet to learn more about something. People read newspapers and magazines to learn about new things. Your print ad is a way to introduce your brand. Because unless you are Disney, it’s likely a mom doesn’t know the name of your company, let alone what you can do for her. We can help you tell your story.”
Submit a contact form for more information about advertising, submitting guest articles or becoming a distribution partner.